Small world



Anyway, today I am taking a bus to Singapore. 

At 8.30PM, in Putrajaya Sentral, I met a new friend, Ika. Interestingly, she can’t speak Malay when I asked her what time the bus is going to depart. She has Malay name, she looks Malay, but she is not, she is from the island of Cebu, Philippines.

What more interesting, previously she worked for 2 years with OCBC Bank before she came to this new place as a technical writer, the same place I worked for about 6 months in 2014. She came in 2015 so we did not get to meet then. But I met her today, while waiting for the bus to KL Sentral from Putrajaya. 

She talked about how she has been travelling solo to a lot of places in South East Asia and I talked about how I am scared to travel alone around. How adventurous! We also talked about our interest in music and photography/videography. It was very nice meeting you Ika, I learned a lot about a lot of things from you. 



And what a small world. :)

Comments

Popular Posts